In women, the infertility is the lack to get pregnant due unprotected intercourse for a period of more than a year. There is a finite number of eggs with whom females are born. The number and quality of these kept on declining as the progress of reproductive years. After the age of 30, the chances of having a baby falling off by 3% to 5% every year. The fertility reduction noted to a much larger extent after the age of 40.
Causes of Female Infertility
There are a lot causes of female infertility in India founded recently. There are about 10% women between the age of 15 to 44 years faced this problem. Some of the main reasons for this condition state below:
1. Damaged Fallopian Tubes: The contact between the egg and sperm are avoided if damage caused to the fallopian tubes. The main reasons for damage are pelvic surgeries, endometriosis and pelvic surgeries.
2. Cervical Reasons: This can be a reason for female infertility in a small majority of women. In this condition, the sperm stops to pass through the cervical canal. The causes of complication can be a cervical surgical procedure or abnormal mucus production.
3. Hormonal Causes: Generally, this problem relates to the ovulation. The hormone’s change can lead to the discharge of an egg from the ovary. Additionally, it also causes the thickening of the uterus lining in preparation for the fertilized egg do not develop.
4. Premature Ovarian Insufficiency: This condition similar to early menopause and occurs in those females whose ovaries fail before the age of 40.
5. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: It is the main cause of infertility in females in which Herman imbalances caused due to interfere with normal ovulation.
6. Unknown Reasons: Still, the causes of infertility are not known in more than 20% cases. It shows that the present technology are not enough to know the infertility reasons.
Infertility Treatment in India: The criteria of treatment mainly depend upon the potential causes of infertility. Besides this, it also depends on the age and health of the person. The histories of both the partners are also used by the doctors in certain cases. Some of the common treatments of infertility in India are:
7. Medical Therapy: In problems related to the evaluation, certain drugs such as gonadotropins or clomiphene citrate is prescribed. These drugs lead to the ovulation and enhancement of the fertility by creating multiple eggs during the cycle. In this case, only one egg is released every month.
8. Laparoscopy: In this treatment, a surgery undergoes for reconstruction of the organs by using a laparoscope. It is inserted near the belly button through a cut to remove the scar issue and ovarian cysts. The blocked tubes made also opened during treatment.
9. Intrauterine Insemination: The semen is collected and rinsed using a special solution in this treatment. During the ovulation time, it is placed into the uterus. By using a slender plastic catheter, the sperm are inserted into the uterus through the cervix. Sometimes, the treatment done along with the medical therapy stated above.